Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Just A Peek Inside My Mornings Lately. Of Course, I Held Off Describing The Feat Of Engineering We Have In Our Shower As Every Bottle Is Balanced Precariously On Its Head.

I think I've put off replenishing my beauty supplies a bit too long.  I don't like buying makeup and I especially don't like those mirrors at makeup counters that magnify your face 10,000 times.  TMI.  Ulta (that beauty store) overwhelms me, so I put off buying new stuff as long as I can.  Plus, I like to wait for a '20% off the entire purchase' coupon because life is expensive and we need to put kids through college.

I like Bare Minerals as a base, but the brush I use to swipe it on somehow got wet when we shared a bathroom on our road trip and now it smells like a horse.   So I'm using a tiny brush I found in the back of a drawer - I'm not sure if it was from a sample or if it came with a doll (possibly in a Happy Meal?), but it's all I have at this point.  My blush consists of four pink pebbles - very small pebbles.  Each time I use it, one of the precious clumps falls out so I'm left with pale cheeks and a hot pink polka-dotted rug.  And I don't know if my mascara runs out so fast because it's vegan and is evaporating or what, but for the last several days when I pull out the wand, after twisting it so vigorously I'm surprised it hasn't broken off, I get just a puff of air and a few bits of black dust falling on the counter.

So I'm headed in today.  I will inevitably get sucked into the vortex that is Ulta and emerge (hopefully) with what I came in to purchase, but likely with a pocket full of paper fragrance strips, some sample "guaranteed" to make my curly hair look fabulous, and a raging headache.  All this in the name of beauty.

I'm wearing this today.

The look is inspired by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.  She sported a similar style walking through the streets of Greece, whereas I'll be rocking my ensemble through the aisles of Whole Foods.  And at the gas station.

gratitude:  evenings where the temperature isn't either hot or cold, Boulder potato chips, deposits, pumpkin vines

thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment