Friday, July 5, 2013

I Will Be Enjoying A Massage This Weekend. I Assume The Draping Policies Have To Do With Body Coverage And Not Window Treatments.

I hope you all had a fabulous Fourth of July.  We had a great time and I'm always so grateful we have a backyard that includes a perfect view of a professional fireworks display each year.  Today Geoff and I are leaving for a relaxing weekend in the mountains with two other couples.  It should be a blast.  I'm sad to be leaving the kids, but they're staying with my parents so I know they'll be having a great time themselves.

The girls have scheduled spa treatments this weekend while the boys play golf.  I really don't do spa activities very often - I'm never sure what the protocol is.  When do you stop talking and give way to the treatment?  I've opted for chatting the entire time in the past and ended up missing out on true relaxation because I was trying to think of my next follow-up question.  I'm sure the masseuse felt just as off as I did afterward.  I suppose they like to work in silence rather than having their client asking them endless questions about why they decided to change their college major from Economics to Business Administration.  I'm going to try to nip the chatter this time and not let myself get weirded out by the silence, although I'm a little concerned about relaxing to the point that drooling becomes an issue.

I'm wearing this today for the ride up and subsequent stroll through Vail and Beaver Creek.


I like the maxi skirt for wandering - good air flow if it's a toasty day in the high country and solid leg coverage if there's a chill.

gratitude:  my kids, time alone with Geoff, sunshine, destinations

thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment