Friday, July 26, 2013

I Think The Pigeons Are Sensing That The End Is Near. Soon The Tales Of The Giant Roost At The High House Will Just Be A Part Of Their Warbled Oral History.

Many of you have asked this week about the latest news about our pigeon "situation".  As it stands, we (and by 'we' I mean our trained pigeon professional) have removed almost 15 pigeons from our attic.  I'm not sure of the exact number because, in a protective response, my brain won't allow me to register the notion of any more than 10 birds living feet above my head.  These 15 pigeons were the unlucky ones who happened to be home when the pigeon party came to an abrupt halt over a week ago.  I imagine more birds lived in the attic, but weren't home at the time of the invasion and are now probably the ones we see sitting on our neighbor's roof and staring, in sort of a bland anger, at our house.

Every couple days our pigeon remover comes by to empty the trap and set up a new one.  This will continue until he's certain all the birds are out, then the entrance will be forever sealed and the massive clean up will begin.  The unpredictable visits by our bird guy though, have added a new challenge to my mornings.

He accesses the roof by placing his gigantic ladder right in front of the French doors we have in our bedroom.  It's impossible to avoid these doors when you're in our room or headed to or from the bathroom.  Because there is no set schedule to his visits, on more than one occasion, I've been midway through a yoga session working down dog in my jammie bottoms and coffee-stained t-shirt when his ladder has shot up the wall from the ground below.  And worse yet, a couple times I've stepped out of the shower, wrapped myself in a towel, and headed across our bedroom to the closet only to catch his feet climbing up the ladder or glimpsing the top of his head as he disappears below our balcony and heads down.  It's disturbing to think how close we've come to a really uncomfortable bit of eye contact.

It's all part of the process, though, to rid our home of these feathered poop machines and, in that spirit, I accept the possibility of awkwardness.  Plus, I'm getting pretty good at peeking around corners and darting across rooms, so a mid-life career as a spy may be in the offing for me.  Exciting.

I'm wearing this today.

I'm digging the combo of bright white and cream.  I think the subtle contract between the two shades feels summery, but not in an aggressive way.  Like, I know it's summer, but just try to be cool about it, okay?

gratitude:  Friday, feeling like you'll be able to figure it out somehow, answers, red onion on cheeseburgers

thanks and love.





No comments:

Post a Comment