Friday, February 22, 2013

The Harsh Reality of Dressing Room Mirrors.

Looking forward to the weekend!  We have regained the use of our home - Eliza has weaned off the machinery and each day another company comes by to pick up one of the devices.  Our living room is back to normal; the temporary bed set up in front of the couch is gone and our coffee table is back providing room for Scrabble and foot support (and wine).

It feels better to get back into a groove.  I've replaced the pants I ruined when I fell off the front porch during a trunk show over the weekend (a sentence I still can't believe I can honestly write).  I've even vacuumed the main level of the home instead of opting to just pick up the larger pieces on the floor by hand.  And thanks to a disturbing moment in a fitting room at the Saks Outlet, I have had my hair trimmed and highlighted, actually filed my nails, and checked the expiration date on my self-tanner.  Believe me, it was quite an eye-opener.  I looked feral.

I'm wearing this today:


I'm such a fan of neutrals and the Dakota necklace is the perfect accessory to give them a subtle pop.  I love it paired with the Avalon Crescent, I'm wearing, but also with any other shorter delicate.  I'm also wearing another shoe deal I found at DSW.  Love the snake print booties!

 I'll leave you with a tasty snack you may want to prepare over the weekend.  It's Ina Garten's Bruschetta with Peppers and Gorgonzola.  It is so delish and pairs perfectly with champagne.  But really, what doesn't?  Do give it a try for cocktail hour.

gratitude:  lunch dates, Sharon's gift with hair color, new statement necklace samples, hanging around the kitchen chatting with the kids and their friends

thanks and love.




No comments:

Post a Comment