Monday, February 18, 2013

The Fact I Was Bleeding Really Sums It Up.

I had a trunk show last night.

I wore these:


If you look closely, you'll see a hole in the knee.  They didn't start out that way.

On my way to the trunk show I got lost, no thanks to Google.  I've learned that once you're on Brighton Road, there aren't many opportunities to turn around once you realize Google Maps should have said west instead of east.  I was nearly to Greeley before I found what I think was a meat packing plant and was able to correct my direction.

Arriving late, I was hustling to set up and during one frantic trip back to the car, I fell off their front porch and landed on a piece of edging in their garden.  A high heel combined with darkness and a heavy bag equals disaster for me.  I subsequently tore my favorite pair of pants (my wonderful coated black denim - as evidenced above) and skinned my knee (I will hold off showing you the knee.  You're welcome.).

As I was arranging the jewelry, I noticed I was missing a single earring from my display and worried that it had fallen out of my bag when I tumbled across their front yard.  Keeping this (and my now swollen knee) to myself, I soldiered through the next two hours - which involved less talk of style and more wondering when the kid playing on the ipad would wrap up the game that involved the crazed, screaming sound.

When I started packing up I could feel the blood dripping down my leg.  I looked to make sure it wasn't getting on the floor and noticed the missing earring was dangling from the necklace I was wearing.  At this point, it came as no surprise.

I could share even more about my evening, but I don't want to offend anyone.  Trust me.  It was quite a night.

On a much brighter note, we had a wonderful time Saturday night with Mark and Dana at CafeBar.  Great food, but even better company.  We so love them!  And it was nice to have a chance to chat alone with Geoff during lacrosse practice on Friday night.

So I'm glad it's Monday.  I'm on a quest now to replace my favorite pants and repair what is left of my ego.  We will be celebrating Meatless Monday with some much-needed comfort food.  Fettuccine Alfredo.  I know everyone has their own version of this recipe, but I have found adding a lot of pepper really makes it awesome.  I don't know why that is, just try it.

gratitude:  peach detox tea, legs up the wall pose, Neosporin, national holidays

thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment