Monday, February 4, 2013

Clearly, I Need More Sleep.

While it was a lovely weekend, I find myself this Monday morning, feeling a little sub par.  I didn't sleep much last night and while I smartly used that time to completely redecorate our house and revamp my wardrobe (in my imagination), it doesn't make for much creativity with which to greet a new day.  Hence this post.

I have learned some things in the last few days...

After three days of eating pizza, no matter how delicious it is, it no longer holds much of an allure.

Our kids can easily stay up way later than we could even contemplate.  And it's weird that on weekends, they now come tuck us in.

No matter how much time you think you have to get it all done, something usually doesn't.

Doing some home improvement jobs is a pain, but not so awful if you're doing it with people you enjoy.

Boxed wine isn't really that bad.

I'm not a good Blackjack player.  But I think that's mostly a lack of luck with cards.

I'm pretty good at Scrabble.  But I think that's mostly a matter of good word placement.

Staying home on a Saturday night playing board games with just the four of us is one of the greatest things ever.

I'm proud of my kids.  For different reasons.

It takes a long time to do an in-store exchange with something you bought online.

The Whole Foods buffalo chicken wings are surprisingly good, but the stuffed jalapenos taste strangely like hummus.

Budweiser clydesdale commercials make me cry.  Every time.

I'm not a worrier, but Eliza's upcoming surgery has me a little on edge.

Based upon the bill we received from Geoff's stint in St. Anthony's I'd like to run a CT Scan machine.  You can make some good money that way.

A lot of people are involved in a surgical experience, but there doesn't seem to be on person in charge of peace of mind.

I tend to not know when to get off the stage when it comes to making a point.  This would explain JD's glazed expression at the bus stop today as I was attempting to motivate a fresh start attitude.

Days with a layer of high clouds make me feel mopey.

Geoff makes me feel better.

Just doing three sun salutations and meditating for 10 full breaths can make a world of difference.  Anytime.

Moving on... I wore this yesterday:


Turns out, what I thought was a funky, street chic kind of look took on a bit of the cast of 'Oliver' vibe when photographed.

It's Meatless Monday, and because I'm tired and this practice is usually met with sarcasm from the children, I'll be serving a variety of breakfast cereals tonight.  That'll show 'em.

gratitude:  clear nasal passages, toast, flexible return and exchange policies, time

thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment