Monday, June 10, 2013

This Post Required Me To Use All My Existing Computer Skills - Copying, Pasting and Linking. I'm Exhausted.

First off, I want to thank those of you who took the time to lift me up after my hater incident.  It made me feel so good to hear your words of encouragement and to know there are so many fabulous people out there who enjoy a little Minutiae from time to time.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

And speaking of thanks...

A new fabulous friend, Cortne of Coco In Magnolia, nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award last week.  What a treat!  I'd received another such honor several weeks ago from the lovely Kim of Bohemian Hippie Mom, but because I am clueless when it comes to how blogs actually function, I was unable to properly respond.  I still don't know what I'm doing, but I didn't want this great energy to slip by again without at least attempting to pass it along.

As an aside, I do plan to learn more about how to provide a functioning blog.  Currently, I simply type words and hit 'publish'.   For a while this made me feel as computer savvy as Matthew Broderick's character in War Games ( yay, movies from the 80's!), but it has become very clear to me that I need to step it up.  Any resources you other bloggers have used, would be greatly appreciated.  And don't be surprised if I come knocking asking for some advice and/or guidance.  I may not have many talents, but asking/begging for help is right in my wheelhouse.

So here is the nomination.  It's pretty isn't it?
I can't thank Cortne and Kim enough for this.  I feel honored and happy and inspired.  I hope to live up to the nomination.  Apparently, the rules for the nomination are this:  Display the award logo, link back to the person that gave it to you, state 7 things about yourself, and nominate 15 bloggers for this award with their links.

So here goes.  Seven things about me. 

1.  I can sing the French National Anthem.  Not well enough to perform publicly, but it has served me well when an evening of wine drinking with French people reaches the point of singing together.

2.  I like sunshine.  I don't mind an occasional day of rain (or snow, but only during the months of November and December) however, I prefer sun.  Cloudiness without moisture sets me on edge.  

3.  I do yoga.  I think everyone should do it.  I've practiced now for over 10 years and I love it.  I don't have a studio I currently go to, but I've had a great home practice for years.  Sometimes when I'm in a yoga class I want to 'win' and be the best in the class ( a very non-yoga response).  I think this tendency detracts from my experience, so yoga at home is a nice fit for me.  I use Yogaglo for my classes and it is lovely.

4.  I love to cook, but I can't bake.  Baking is too precise and cooking allows me to measure with my hands, which I love.

5.  When I see a pile of warm laundry, I want to lay in it and take a nap.

6.  I love animals.  Oh, how I love them!  I do eat meat, but I try to make sure it's humanely farmed.  I also try not to kill bugs in my house, so I offer them a 'relocation program' - they are not always successful.

7.  My favorite flower is a lilac.  Which I don't think is even a flower, it's a shrub.  Somehow that makes sense.

And now, 15 bloggers/blogs I nominate.

Coco In Magnolia
Bohemian Hippie Mom
Simple Details
Tracy Porter
Kendi Everyday
My Favorite And My Best
Simple Lovely
The Bloggess
Smitten Kitchen
Good Life for Less
The Simply Luxurious Life
The Effortless Chic
The Daily Love
Danielle LaPorte
Tiny Buddha

I only communicate with four of these bloggers, so it's not like the rest of them know me or anything. But I read them everyday and I like what they offer.

I'm wearing this today:

I am working on billing for my last staging job and it requires me to use math skills.  I just feel happier in a color if I have to deal too much with numbers.  Also, I can go barefoot here at home then slip on the wedges for dinner tonight celebrating my niece's birthday.  

And it's Meatless Monday.  We will be dining at PF Chang's to celebrate Ava, so I guess I'll have to find something meatless on the menu.   I just can't get into tofu - even though I think it would be cool to like it - so it's looking like rice and veggies for me tonight.  And a sauvignon blanc.  Loves me some of that with Chinese.

gratitude:  all you wonderful Positively Minutiae readers, confirmation that JD used the sheets I sent with him to make his bed at lacrosse camp and isn't sleeping directly on a foreign mattress, phase one of the patio revamping is underway, the end of the frenzy caused by the last week of school and the first week of summer

thanks and love.



No comments:

Post a Comment