Monday, March 25, 2013

Pottery and Pinterest.

This Monday you may notice there are some nifty additions to the blog.  Last week I met with a Very Smart Computer Person and he did a lot of things on my computer while I drank coffee.  As a result of my coffee-fueled support and his html know-how, you can now email subscribe to the blog!

You can also see what I'm pinning on Pinterest.  I know, I know.  It feels like Christmas doesn't it?  But really, I truly adore Pinterest.  Hopefully, you'll like it too.  It has allowed me to zero in on what I'm drawn to in fashion and home decor especially.  Which in turn has made getting dressed in the morning so much easier.  Plus, I can more confidently shop for lamps.

And you can now link to my Facebook page which actually is pretty boring because all I seem to put on Facebook are my blog posts.  I'm making a mental note right now to try to zhush up my Facebook postings from time to time.  Currently there is a nice video Geoff recently posted of J.D. beating me in an arm wrestling contest.  Enjoy.

And that's that.  New stuff for a new week.

In case you were wondering, these are some of my most cherished possessions.


Because Spring Break week has always fallen during an incredibly busy time for Geoff's business, we are usually able to only take a couple days in the mountains for some skiing.  Of course, what with Eliza's hip surgery, skiing as a family is out of the question, so we're home for the week and I can tell the kids are overjoyed.

To add to the excitement, I'm taking them on a retro adventure to one of those pottery painting places, just like the good 'ol days.  When they were younger I loved a place that would allow my kids to mess around with art supplies and someone else had to clean up afterward.  Now, just spending a couple hours alone with them in an activity that is hard to do while texting (or snap chatting) sounds like heaven.  And I still don't have to deal with the mess.  Happy Spring Break indeed!

It's Meatless Monday and because we aren't going anywhere over break, I'm transporting us to Switzerland for dinner!  Yes, indeed, cheese fondue.  Fireside.  No passport required.  The excitement never ends, does it?

gratitude:  quiet mornings, no schedules, college basketball, Spring

thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment