Friday, May 9, 2014

I'm Fighting A Different Kind Of Mommy War. It's Me Vs. Mother Nature And I May Have To Tap Out.

I'll be spending Mother's Day watching JD in his lacrosse playoff games.  And, in an ironic twist, the forecast in Denver for Mother's Day includes the possibility of 3 - 4 inches of snow.  Wheee!

This calls for multiple layers and potentially some day drinking to stay warm.   But, you know what?  I wouldn't change it for anything.  It just reminds me how lucky I am to be a mom (and how lucky I am that we didn't get the 8 o'clock game).

It's a quick post today because a) I don't write my posts ahead of time and b) I'm taking Eliza to the doctor to see if indeed, she has been playing soccer on a broken foot for the past couple months - makes you feel like Mother of the Year to have the doctor confirm that you've let your child play sports while broken.  Sigh.

Happy Mother's Day!!

I'm wearing this:

The blazer juxtaposes the gladiator sandal making for, in my opinion, a more interesting look.  Business on top, party on the bottom.  Or something like that.

gratitude:  being a mom, youth sports, yearbooks, just life

thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment