Monday, January 13, 2014

On This Monday, I Find Myself Wondering Why Is It Always Windy On Trash Day? And, If I Don't Immediately Bring In The Empty Recycling Bins, Will They Reach The New Mexico Border By Nightfall?

Last night I had the weirdest Golden Globe themed dream.  I was at a house party after the show.  And not like the kind of house party one might attend if invited back to Tom Hanks' abode after the event.  It was more like a house party in suburban Denver in the 1970's.   This, I think, was a nod to the American Hustle win and subconscious memories of a childhood spent growing up with a father in the music and entertainment industry.

Anyway, I was there with my dearest friend, Tracy.  I get the sense we may have hosted the show like Amy and Tina (a clear friendship reference).  I don't know what I was wearing, but Tracy was in a very edgy, red and black gown (she noted this morning that red is not a good choice for her, but she was rocking it in the dream).  I get the sense my dress was white and a little poufy, which seems an off choice for me (it even felt a little Disney princess, egad).  We were mixing and mingling in the kitchen of this home and ended up having a great conversation with Seth Meyers.  At one point we were approached by a red, long-haired, miniature dachshund and I had to push my big dress out of the way in order to bend down and give the dog scratches and kisses.  I woke up when someone at the house started playing 'Get Lucky' by Daft Punk and I had to start dancing.  Because you cannot avoid dancing when you hear that song.  At least I can't.

So, you can see my life is pretty exciting.

I attribute the dream to a lack of wine in the evening - Geoff is traveling and sometimes wine alone just feels weird - plus I had a very strong herbal tea before bed.  I like the Yogi Tea Kava Stress Relief tea - it has served me well over the years.  I had a cup steeping while we were all getting ready for bed, but the kids were being so funny/strange/goofy that I forgot all about it.  By the time I drank the tea it had probably been brewing for three times as long as they recommend.  I think this may be what shamans drink before they conjure up visions and the like.  Anyway, it made for an interesting sleep.  I highly recommend it.

I'm wearing this:

I bought new shelf liners for my pantry so I'm diving into a massive re-do.   I'll be sporting my cozy slippers while in the pantry, then I'll throw on the booties when I'm required to venture out into the public.  The necklace remains throughout the day.  One must always accessorize.  Always.

It's Meatless Monday and we'll be having egg salad sandwiches.  I like my egg salad with lots of mustard and a little celery for crunch.  It's a very personal dish.

gratitude:  a Bronco victory, watching the Golden Globes with the kids, very stretchy trash bags, ottomans

thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment