Friday, October 4, 2013

Occasionally, I'll Have A Hippy Dippy Trippy Moment. Welcome To One Of Them.

We are one heck of a wired society.  And, admittedly, I'm right there running with the pack.  I am slightly obsessed with Googling things - I wonder about stuff a lot and need answers.  I text, I email, I post.  And while I dearly love bookstores and even the smell of them makes me giddy (could this be a new candle scent??), I read most things on my iPad and I love being able to want a book, buy a book, and start reading a book all within less than a minute.  Sometimes though, I feel like all this technology can put us a little out of touch with the rhythms of the natural world.

That's why I try to pay attention to seasonal shifts and the natural cycles of the earth as much as possible.  As human beings we can't afford to forget our connection to the energy of nature no matter how isolated and technologically driven our lives become.  So with that in mind, in case you didn't already know, today is a New Moon.  Paying attention to new moons and full moons is something I've been doing for a couple years now and it's been a good way to add a little more consciousness and gratitude to my life.

New moons are a great time to think about beginnings, and endings too because they're really like energetic conjoined twins.  On new moon days it's nice to spend a few moments contemplating what you'd like to add to your life and starting that process as the moon increases its fullness.  Or if you have something you'd like to put behind you, the emptiness of the new moon can be a symbolic reminder to move on.  It doesn't have to take long and if you're paying attention to new moons and full moons, you'll only be spending a few moments a couple days a month to reconnect to some good ol' earth energy.

Give it a try!  And when you're done with your moon moments you can get right back on the computer and Google something.  I was in the mood for a Spinal Tap clip.  Enjoy.


I'm wearing this today.


 It's snowing and this new sweater is helping me find the joy.

gratitude:  large slices of pizza, snow (amazingly), Spinal Tap, funny people

thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment