Friday, October 18, 2013

I'm Including A Recipe In This One For Something Other Than A Champagne-Based Cocktail. I Like To Demonstrate My Versatility From Time To Time.

How good does Friday feel?  Some Fridays are better than others and, from my perspective, this one is really nice.  Obviously it's been quite a week and my Monday/Wednesday/Friday posts have been a bit tardy each day.  I've considered writing my blog the night before I post in order to avoid this situation, but honestly, I'm a bit of a procrastinator when I write and I can't seem to flow if the clocks not ticking. Plus, sometimes I forget that I was going to try to do that.

I'm certain I'm not the only one that's had a crazy week so I'm going to share with you our dinner tonight.  We're having a pan of roasted sausages and potatoes.  This is the easiest thing in the world to make, it makes your house smell fantastic, and it tastes great.  You may already have something similar in your repertoire, but just in case you don't, here is how it's going down tonight at Chez High.

Take two pounds of Italian sausages (I like a combo of hot and mild), two pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes or red potatoes, and two big green or red bell peppers (or a combo, of course).  Cut the sausages into 1" - 2" pieces, cut the potatoes into eighths, and chop the peppers in larger pieces.  Put it all into a 11" x 13" casserole and drizzle liberally with olive oil.  Add coarse salt, cracked black pepper, and Italian seasoning (be generous).  Mix it all up and pop it in a 350 degree oven for at least two hours (stirring occasionally) or until everything is fully cooked.  Delish!

I love this on nights when I don't want to do anything that requires wearing shoes, I don't want to have to ask a waitperson for more wine, and I don't want to stand over the stove or measure a lot of stuff.  I can just hang out on the couch, Malbec nearby, fireplace on, candles lit, and ask people from time to time to give the sausage and potatoes a whirl.  Life is good.

I'm wearing this.

I'm having some fun with the print mixing again.  I've been combining lots of pillows on sofas lately, so I think my head is stuck on getting patterns to combine in interesting ways.  The statement necklace is a nice way to draw attention away from any pattern combo that feels a little iffy (as is the case here).

And it's a Full Moon, so today is a great day to just be aware of and thankful for the fullness of your life.  No matter what is going on in your life, there is always something to be grateful for - something you love.  Like attracts like, so being grateful for the good in your life helps draw more good to you in the future.

gratitude:  easy dinners, project success, the return of Domino magazine, my family

thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment