Thursday, May 21, 2015

My Requests To The Personal Shopping Service, Stitch Fix, Have Been "Neutrals Only, Please" As Of Late. The Stylists Are Always So Nice About It, But I Can Imagine It's A Real Buzz Kill When You Work On My Fix. I Worry They Play Rock, Scissors, Paper To See Who Gets The Fun Job Of Pulling Clothes For That Fashion Daredevil In Colorado.

I feel I should have explained in my requests to Stitch Fix that I was sliding my way toward a "capsule wardrobe" lifestyle in recent months. That might have clued them into my very un-exciting requests. But regardless, the stylists at Stitch Fix have managed to provide me with nearly 50% of my simplified closet selections. And, as is the case with capsules, I love every piece and can use them each in multiple ways. Here are the goods.

First up, the Messi Lattice Neckline Top.


Oh, this is a gem! So comfy! So sexy! So able to hide wine stains! I love the way this fits and it's such a soft knit. I'd have worn it even more lately, but Colorado is now Seattle and I'm cold and wet.

Next we have this cute white, lace peasant top by Brixon Ivy.


I love this top because it looks super delicate, but it's machine-washable. I kid you not. I'm wearing it with the same pants I had on in the black tank photo. They are the Patrick Cropped Chino Pant by Level 99. They are one of the big splashes of color in my capsule wardrobe. Wheee! I know! I really feel I'm living on the edge when I wear them. Love the ankle length so shoes have their day in the sun too. These pants play well with everything.

Moving on to the gray t-shirt by Market & Spruce. This is one of my favorite pieces because it's a basic with a twist. Love the longer back! It makes me feel artsy and funky while I load the dishwasher. Which is much appreciated.


Now we have it paired with the Austen Utility Jacket.


I have wanted a piece like this ever since I read on a fashion blog that this type of jacket is one 'every stylish woman should own.' I have felt diminished until now. Thank you, Stitch Fix.

And now we've paired up our gray T/white jean look with a black blazer. The blazer by Kensie, to be exact.


The kind people at Stitch Fix met my request for a structured black blazer that wasn't overly stiff looking. I love this piece and have yet to find anything that it doesn't work with - I've even done it over a dressy sweat pant and met with success. Or so I choose to believe.

Now on to a couple of skirts, because I like to look like a girl from time to time, and I choose to believe that soon it will once again be warm enough in Colorado to wear something that doesn't fully cover the leg.  Here is the first one - the Evelin Printed Pencil Skirt.


It's a nice, clingy skirt that kind of sucks you in so you look better than normal -  like Spanx you can wear out to lunch with just a t-shirt.

Andy now the Raegan Floral Printed Swing Skirt.


Look at me! I'm wearing a pattern! I love this skirt. From heels to slip on sneakers, this skirt can go any direction you ask it to. I've paired it with a black T, peep-toe booties and a jean jacket because I'm hoping Geoff will ask me to go to dinner or shopping or to France (but we really don't have time for France right now. #goals).

And finally. The bag. Note the pictures of the gray t-shirt and jacket pairings. With the utility jacket, the bag is black. Yet in the blazer photo, the bag is brown. You are not seeing things. It is the same bag. I know, right? It's an awesome reversible tote bag from Stitch Fix. I can't remember who it's by, but it's wonderful and as long as I don't set it down in a spilled beer at a professional sporting event I will continue to revel in its versatility.

This really gives you an idea of the explosion of neutrals that have arrived on my doorstep in recent months. And you can kind of see how my capsule wardrobe works. Basically, everything in these pictures can, has, and/or will be paired with each other. And because I love each and every piece I will feel good and happy and joyous when I put them on.

Here's a link to get started on Stitch Fix yourself. I may even get a little discount if you use it which means more money available for youth sports. So, thank you.

Your patience is much appreciated, Stitch Fix.

gratitude: simplicity, eggs, candles from Target (eucalyptus and lemongrass), rainstorms while you're sleeping

thanks and love.



No comments:

Post a Comment